Founded in 2006, eHealth Technologies is the leading provider of medical record retrieval and organization services and image-enabled Health Information Exchanges (HIEs). With customers across the country, eHealth Technologies works with prominent HIEs and the nation’s top-ranked hospitals, including 16 of the 20 US News & World Report Honor Roll Hospitals for 2018-2019. The company’s eHealth Connect® solution enhances patient and physician satisfaction by streamlining referrals and intelligently aggregating patients’ clinical records. This assures physicians have the right health care information to care for their patients, right when they need it. As a critical adjunct to HIEs, eHealth Connect® Image Exchange enables the automated access to all types of medical images in the context of the aggregated patient record, in full diagnostic quality.
Career Opportunity Description:
This position is a member of eHealth Technologies’ Medical Outreach team which plays a pivotal role in delivering critical patient information as requested by customers. The Medical Outreach Specialist plays a key role in the accomplishment of eHealth Technologies business objectives by providing their customers exceptional value and timely information. The Medical Outreach Specialist – Level 1 is an entry level position. The person will work in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented work environment that is guided by and upholds company core values at all times.
- Provides effective & efficient support to Transplant, Dental, and Mental Health accounts.
- Makes follow up calls, obtains patient authorizations, processes demos, takes inbound calls, processes aged cases and provides exceptional customer support service in a professional, accurate and timely manner at all times.
- Makes follow up calls on cases fulfillment unable to complete (after 2 quality attempts) from previous day.
- Efficiently and effectively documents request progress in case management system.
- May also undertake additional activities at the request of the customer.
- Adherence to HIPAA guidelines.
- Proactively addresses and elevates customer service issues to Medical Outreach Manager.
- Adheres to established business processes, policies, and regulations.
- Ensures customer requests are processed in a timely and HIPAA compliant manner maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Appropriately prioritizes work to support team goals.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed appropriately with emphasis on strict adherence to HIPAA guidelines.
- Proactively monitors request activity and takes necessary action to avert potential customer service issues.
- Recommends improvements to procedures, workflows, and processes.
- Performs at a high level of quality to eliminate the potential for incorrect transfer of Patient Health Information.
- Maintains a high state of training and performance and is properly certified on all necessary processes.
- Maintains effective communication and good relationships with all end user requesters.
Information Privacy and Security
In an effort to safeguard the information privacy and security of all covered information Employee shall also be responsible for:
- Following eHealth Technologies’ information privacy and security policies, procedures, standard operating procedures, appendices, attachments, etc.
- Accessing, using, and disclosing only the minimum necessary covered information that is needed for job responsibilities, or otherwise allowed by law.
- Safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of covered information at all times, whether or not on duty.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Any Graduate (Preferably B. Pharma, M. Pharma or Life Sciences).
- Experience in US health care BPO Voice process would be added advantage.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written (spelling, grammar, punctuation).
- Exceptional listening and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Five9 Telephony software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proven success in a performance-based culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- High level of problem identification ability, along with a solutions-based mindset.
- Demonstrates an uncompromising level of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and ethical behavior.
- Strong attention to detail and exhibits an urgency to achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Results-driven, action-oriented, and self-motivated mindset.
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and able to deal well with change and ambiguity.
- Exercises good judgment and utilizes creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and within strict time constraints.
- Willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule.
- Directly supervised by Operations Manager.
- Interacts regularly with eHealth Technologies staff.
- Physical Requirements: Extended periods of time typing, data entry, sitting, read, writing.
- Mental Requirements include: General, Visual, and Numerical Intelligence. Analytical skills.
- As eHealth Technologies’ workforce is currently teleworking remotely from home, it is a requirement of the position that employees have the following minimum requirements available in their home network, including a modem and router with:
- Ethernet ports wired for gigabit speed connections.
- Must achieve minimum speeds of 100MBPS for download and 10MBPS for upload, Availability of at least two (2) Ethernet connections to the internet source is required (for your PC and phone).
- Modem or router should either be in the same room as the workspace or must have an Ethernet cord long enough to reach the workspace to meet this requirement.