Founded in 2006, eHealth Technologies is the leading provider of medical record retrieval and organization services and image-enabled Health Information Exchanges (HIEs). With customers across the country, eHealth Technologies works with prominent HIEs and the nation’s top-ranked hospitals, including 16 of the 20 US News & World Report Honor Roll Hospitals for 2018-2019. The company’s eHealth Connect® solution enhances patient and physician satisfaction by streamlining referrals and intelligently aggregating patients’ clinical records. This assures physicians have the right health care information to care for their patients, right when they need it. As a critical adjunct to HIEs, eHealth Connect® Image Exchange enables the automated access to all types of medical images in the context of the aggregated patient record, in full diagnostic quality.
The Software Architect is responsible helping defining current state with the purpose of finding opportunities for future innovations, risk reduction, or cost savings. The software architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analyzing the execution of change toward the desired business vision and targeted outcomes.
By establishing a sound and comprehensive understanding of eHealth Technologies long-term business objectives, this role will support organizational strategy by tactically executing Information, Application, and Technology Architectures objectives using a variety of architectural models.
Develops and documents the framework for integration and implementation for changes to technical standards. Assists in the development of architecture governance process. Provides technical guidance, and mentorship, to project team areas as appropriate. Develops proof of concept solutions to test architectural theory to ensure viability of solution prior to development team handoff. Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better
serve the enterprises architecture needs.
Oversees the actions of other architects.
- Develop and communicate long-term roadmaps for relevant Architectural Domains (e.g., Business, Security, Data, Application, Technology); define, develop, and maintain domain architecture frameworks, standards, principles methodologies, and requirements to drive the
technology planning process
- Design and construct future- and current-state business models to practically apply new and emerging technologies to drive them.
- Assist with Strategic planning, including applications integration and legacy application strategy
- Understand the current state of eHealth Technologies systems of record and lead the organization through replacement and upgrade discovery which results in actionable technical architecture.
- Perform build vs buy vs partner analysis with business partners to understand requirements and design technical solutions that best solve the defined need.
- Scan the world for major disruptive technology and nontechnology trends (trendspotting) that affect business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
- Track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations.
- Lead analysis of the business’ future-state capabilities and future (and current) IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement and driving the business forward.
- Work with business peers and lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business outcomes and drivers to derive useful business context, and in response to disruptive forces.
- Present a gap analysis and/or IT investment roadmap that reflects the status of the existing IT estate, namely, its ability to contribute to future-state business capabilities around ecosystems and digital platforms.
- Consult with infrastructure, project and product teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Define, Design, Develop and implement integration of various loosely coupled disparate enterprise applications, components based on the principles of service-orientation and loosely-coupled architectures.
- Designing and implement solutions that will enable a simpler, more secure, and more efficient future state.
Information Privacy and Security
In an effort to safeguard the information privacy and security of all covered information Employee shall also be responsible for:
- Following eHealth Technologies’ information privacy and security policies, procedures, standard operating procedures, appendices, attachments, etc.
- Accessing, using, and disclosing only the minimum necessary covered information that is needed for job responsibilities, or otherwise allowed by law.
- Safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of covered information at all times, whether or not on duty.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems preferred, but not required
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
- Five (5) or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of network security, application security, end point security, data protection, security information, and event management is required
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture (SABSA), or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, FHIR, HL7, DICOM, IHE, Interoperability preferred.
- Extensive experience and background in architectural design and planning, setting strategic Technology architectural direction and road-maps, across multiple lines of business.
- Possess cross-functional understanding of the relevant Architectural Domains, while also having deep Domain subject matter expertise.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging Security Capabilities and Protocols
- Thorough knowledge of secure configuration management and assessment
- Knowledge of application development methodologies
- Knowledge of existing Regulations and Laws and applicable compliance requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to document requirements, communication plans, project status reports, and other relevant project related issues
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Work independently and manage multiple complex projects
- Thrive in fast-paced environment
- Adapts work to changes in direction with emotional intelligence
- Holds self-accountable for keeping track of their own workload and achieving results
- Directly supervised by the Director of Architecture
- Interacts regularly with eHealth Technologies staff, customers, vendors, and community members.
- Physical Requirements: Extended periods of time typing, data entry, sitting, reading, writing. Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Mental Requirements include: General, Visual, and Numerical Intelligence. Analytical skills.
- As eHealth Technologies’ workforce is currently teleworking remotely from home, it is a requirement of the position that employees have the following minimum requirements available in their home internet network, including a router that: eHealth Global Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must achieve minimum speeds of 100MBPS for download and 10MBPS for upload, or any other higher speed required for the work to be produced contingent upon your role.
- Workstation should be plugged directly into the router as a hardwire connection to high speed internet is critical to maintaining approved speeds for optimal functioning of various operational hardware, software and tools, as required for work performance; an appropriate Wi-Fi connection may satisfy this connection to high speed internet.
- Router should be updated regularly with latest firmware, or ultimately replaced if router speeds are not within the minimum specifications above.
- Normal office environment.
- Remote work arrangement can be requested – requires approval from Director of Architecture.
- On-call availability during the week with occasional weekend work.
- Work requires willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule