Founded in 2006, eHealth Technologies is the leading provider of medical record retrieval and organization services and image-enabled Health Information Exchanges (HIEs). With customers across the country, eHealth Technologies works with prominent HIEs and the nation’s top-ranked hospitals, including 16 of the 20 US News & World Report Honor Roll Hospitals for 2018-2019. The company’s eHealth Connect® solution enhances patient and physician satisfaction by streamlining referrals and intelligently aggregating patients’ clinical records. This assures physicians have the right health care information to care for their patients, right when they need it. As a critical adjunct to HIEs, eHealth Connect® Image Exchange enables the automated access to all types of medical images in the context of the aggregated patient record, in full diagnostic quality.
Career Opportunity Description:
Software Engineer is responsible for development of products at eHealth technologies. The person will work in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented work environment that is guided by and upholds company core values.
Under guidance of the Principal Architect, Development Managers, Lead Software Engineers, Software Engineer will develop innovative web-based solutions.
This is a hands-on position and the candidate must possess strong technological skills and be able to work as an individual contributor while also providing guidance to others.
This position requires solid organizational and technical skills with great follow through. The person chosen for this opportunity will have experience working in a dynamic, fast paced, technical, team-oriented work environment that is guided by and upholds company core values
- Design, develop and maintain innovative cloud-based web applications.
- Back-end development in .NET Core, Web API, Back-end development in MVC, C#/Azure Functions, Azure Event Grid, Azure CosmosDB, Azure Cognitive Search, Azure Service Bus, Azure Storage, Application Insights, and other technologies.
- Working with the team to perform requirements gathering, detailed design, coding, unit testing (Jasmin/Karma, xUnit), bug resolution, deployment, and documentation.
- Active participation in our agile methodology including attendance at scrums, demos, retrospective and planning sessions (story pointing).
- Demonstrate a strong working understanding of the industry best standards in software development and version controlling.
- Ensure the quality and low bug rates of code released into production.
- Bring “continuous improvement” mindset to the team and encourage learning and professional growth.
- Various additional duties as determined necessary by eHealth Technologies.
PHI Secure Area Access:
Employee shall be granted access into the Secure Area of the Department of Information Technology, Research and Development as well as the Secure Area of the Operations Department that are each classified and rated for consistent access, use, and disclosure of Protected Health Information (“PHI”), electronic Protected Health Information (“ePHI”), and/or Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) (collectively known as a “PHI Secure Area”), for occasional access, use, and disclosure of PHI/ePHI/PII consistent with the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and related to the Primary Responsibilities of this position. Employee shall be required to maintain badge access into and out of the PHI Secure Area for audit control purposes consistent with Employee’s need for the occasional access, use, and disclosure of PHI/ePHI/PII from within the PHI Secure Area. Employee agrees to safeguard all PHI/ePHI/PII access, used, and disclosed from within the PHI Secure Area and shall not transport PHI/ePHI/PII outside of the PHI Secure Area without approval of the Chief Privacy Officer and/or Security Officer. Failure to follow these requirements and corporate policy may result in disciplinary sanctions up to and including termination.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 4-year degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, 5+ years of work experience in the field.
- Experience working in a development team for a minimum 4 years.
- 3+ years of experience designing web-based applications using cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure or equivalent.
- Good at data structures, algorithms, and must have a good understanding of Big(O) notation and techniques.
- Good understanding of OOPs concepts and SOLID principles.
- Strong Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design patterns.
- 2+ years of experience in implementing Microservices and API Architecture.
- Extensive experience with the. NET framework and other technologies: .NET Core, C#, Web API.
- Experience designing web-based systems for cloud deployment in AWS/Azure or equivalent. Hands-on experience on cloud services such as APIM, Azure Storage, Service Bus, Event Grid, CosmosDB, Azure Search etc.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps & CI/CD such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins etc.,
- Knowledge of scrum/agile practices.
- Good working knowledge in Angular or equivalent framework.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of security practices for web development.
- Solid experience with REST API and user auth (JWTs & OAuth2).
- Good to have experience working with Auth0/SSO.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to self-start and proactively suggest enhancements.
- Tenacity and ability to manage change adeptly.
- Focus on timely deliveries with a sense of urgency in responding to requests.
- Understanding of HIPAA and HITECH is a plus.
- Directly Supervised by SW Engineering Manager (India).
- Interacts with Solutions Architect (India).
- Interacts regularly with Scrum Master (India), Immediate Dev & QA Team members (US & India).
- Mental Requirements include: General, Visual, and Analytical skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are critical for success in this role.
- On-call availability during the week with occasional weekend work.
- Work requires willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule.