Image-Enabled Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) Transform Patient Care
Rochester, N.Y., October 30, 2019 – eHealth Technologies, the leading provider in image-enabled HIEs will be showcasing its eHealth Connect® Image Exchange solution as a sponsor of the 2019 Health Current Summit & Trade Show in Glendale, Arizona, November 13-14, 2019.
Medical imaging consumes about 10% of all healthcare spending in the US. This high cost, coupled with the fact that imaging plays such a vital role in the diagnosis and treatment of so many diseases, underscores the need to maximize its value by assuring that medical images are readily available for all care providers who need access.
eHealth Connect® Image Exchange allows care providers to share imaging studies for immediate community-wide access through their health information exchange (HIE) and has been built-in to the leading HIE solution platforms.
- Providers can view images anywhere, anytime in full diagnostic quality within the context of a results report, CCD or any other medical record from an HIE portal
- Clinicians can readily access all images from all locations across the community with one click, view and/or compare in a common viewing session without first having to import to a local system or transfer to the cloud.
- Care providers can readily collaborate by way of real-time image session sharing anywhere, anytime with a single click.
Through the groundbreaking development and recent rollout of eHealth Connect® Image Exchange Automated Imaging Workflow, all external, relevant images from connected facilities can be now be made available immediately in a local PACS or imaging system when a patient is scheduled or presents for treatment. This new advancement is the first of its kind to make images available to clinicians, radiologists, and specialists prior to a patient’s appointment without the need for staff to spend time gathering them.
Automated Imaging Workflow includes the following features:
- Immediate access: Clinicians have access to relevant, external imaging studies that are automatically delivered into a local PACS or imaging system
- No manual steps: Eliminate the burden on staff to spend hours a day locating, gathering and importing medical images
- Comprehensive records: Delays and gaps in care from missing images and repeated tests as are reduced as patients have more comprehensive records available at the point of care
- Fully reconciled record: Trusted accuracy of fully reconciled records, based on key patient identifiers
- Increased satisfaction: Patient and staff satisfaction is increased as clinicians and providers when they have more time for patient care
“We are proud to partner with Health Current and support the annual Summit & Trade Show, which will feature presentations and discussions on how health information, innovative solutions and one-connection technology is supporting better informed patient-centered care among Arizona’s HIE users,” stated Gary Larson, Executive Vice President, General Manager, HIE Solutions at eHealth Technologies. “Improving health care through image-enabled HIEs has many benefits for care providers as well as patients, including streamlined workflows, faster diagnosis and treatment, and elimination of unnecessary repeated exams. We look forward to discussing these and other key benefits of efficient image delivery.”
About eHealth Technologies
eHealth Technologies is the leading provider of image-enabled Health Information Exchange (HIE) and clinical information services for aggregation of healthcare data. With customers across the country, eHealth Technologies works with prominent HIEs throughout the US and over half of the nation’s top 100 hospitals, including 16 of the top 20 U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll Hospitals for 2018-2019. eHealth Connect® Image Exchange enables HIE subscribers access to full diagnostic quality medical records in the context of the patient record. The company’s eHealth Connect® solutions enhance patient and physician satisfaction by streamlining care transitions and assuring physicians have the right information to care for their patients. Visit www.eHealthTechnologies.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Media Contact: Kathleen Dutton-Fanning, opens in a new firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-242-1000 (ext. 565)